1) Use Case reminder
2) Where we are on our road map.
3) Open Action Items
4) JIRA Issues Review - https://jira.edmcouncil.org/projects/IND/issues/IND-17?filter=allopenissues
5) Todays content discussion.
6) For next week.
- Determined that we now have the ability (and have had for some time) to represent the details of the constituents of an index and therefore closed IND-85 as complete.
- Discussed our representation of indices and changes to those indices occur. We need to be able associate an effective date or period with respect to the composition of a basket associated with a given index in order to allow for change management in an institution. The contents of baskets related to the Dow, S&P 500, and other indices change from time to time, thus the effective period for the basket contents is an important aspect. Raised IND-110 to that end.
- Discussed issue IND-83, which is to be able to rebalance an index, possibly at a regular interval. In some cases it may be a regular interval, and in others it may be on demand. The important point is to be able to represent the basket contents as of some period of time and to be able to normalize the weighting / calculation of the contribution of any given member of a basket once the basket constituents are revised. This is really about normalizing the expression / values related to the weighting once the constituents change, or even if the constituents have not changed, if their relative prices have changed then in some cases the weight may change. As of 9/10/2021 we believe that we have the components to support representing this, with the possible exception of IND-110, and so we recommend closing this issue with no additional changes.
- There are a few small remaining issues with respect to IND which we can address, and then the bulk of the remaining work is related to releasing corporate actions, which we will review further next week.