1) Use Case reminder
2) Where we are on our road map.
3) Open Action Items
4) JIRA Issues Review - https://jira.edmcouncil.org/projects/IND/issues/IND-17?filter=allopenissues
5) Todays content discussion.
6) For next week.
Primary topics today included a bit more review of the use case, and discussion around how to model weightings. The consensus was that the weighting applies to a constituent of a basket, and is a positive number, but we did not want to constrain it further. Dan has examples where it might not be a straight percentage, and market cap would also fall into that category. We raised IND-81 as the basis for adding weighting to the concept of a basket constituent. We also discussed the need to relate a basket to the overall universe that it selects from - see IND-82.
Links to use cases on the BLS site for the various indicators and related programs:
- BLS https://www.bls.gov/
- Unemployment https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.toc.htm
- See the Employment Situation Summary links
Productivity might be something we look at, because it is complex. There is the need to look at establishments in a partitive way, such as by dividing into inputs, labor, materials, outputs. There is also a reliance on the ways a number is calculated.
The latest BLS model can be found here: