Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees



Agenda

1) Use Case reminder

2) Where we are on our road map. 

3) Open Action Items

4) JIRA Issues Review - https://jira.edmcouncil.org/projects/IND/issues/IND-17?filter=allopenissues

5) Todays content discussion.

SMIF OWL-UML

SKOS

RDF/S

6) For next week.

Proceedings:  

Attendees

  •  Dan Gillman (BLS), David Saul (State Street), Pete Rivett (Adaptive), Ron Cruz (Apple Bank), Elisa Kendall (Thematix), Mike Atkin (EDMC)

 JIRA Review

  • JIRA 33, 22 and 24 are underway and scheduled for completion next week
  • JIRA 22 – definition of statistical program needs to be updated
    • Added the concept of geographic region (has coverage area) to replace (“governed a region” and “applied to”
    • Definition of “statistical program” needs to be updated
    • Concept of “statistical measure” needs enhanced definition
    • Additional restrictions and other properties are needed
    • JIRA 73 and 74 have been addressed by EK
  • FND-231 has been raised by PR on adjustments to “location”

 New Business

  •  Work to expand the content for IND is scheduled to kick off on Friday, January 18 (focus on market indices)
  • Agenda (Overview of what currently exists within IND (and how structured); Preliminary approach to market indices; Feedback from participants and recruitment of volunteers

Chatlog:

8:34 AM: Indices (1/11/19)

8:35 AM: JIRA review - IND 33, 22, 24 underway - target for completion for next week (22 may require additional discussion)

8:38 AM: Expansion of content (market indices, reference, credit, equity) - set to begin next week

8:39 AM: Mike Pool and EK will define approach for next week development call

8:40 AM: Structure of meeting - overview of existing (what exists) --> work with BLS and StatCan on economic indicators --> gap with market indices (show what exists)

8:41 AM: Need basic use cases for structuring the ongoing work for IND (industry/vertical specific as well as core market indices)

8:42 AM: EK to create draft for evaluation prior to meeting

8:44 AM: Goal of next week - feedback and volunteers

8:44 AM: JIRA (73,74) have been addressed by EK

8:47 AM: Statistical Area (added the concept of geographic region; <has coverage area> is used instead of <governed a region> (wrong concept) and <applies to> (also replaced with <has coverage area>) - reflects requirements for BLS and StatCan

8:49 AM: JIRA 22 - definition of a statistical program needs to be updated and the concept of a statistical measure is under-defined (used the UN statistical definition) but still need to add more restrictions about <Population> and other properties

8:51 AM: EK hasn't completed the adjustments for statistical measure - they require a bit more effort and will be addressed this coming week

8:55 AM: Statistical Area (currently extension of geographic region) - still retains physical location to maintain link to FIBO.  PR suggests to make it a subclass of "location" rather than "physical location" - to make it more generic

8:56 AM: Physical location = physical point (rather than a polygon which describes and area).  Perhaps we need both a "point" and "area"

8:59 AM: DS - why is this concept in IND (define jurisdiction for reporting purposes as well as to define the legal structure that applies) - the core concept is to define what controls specific locations (i.e. laws that apply for buying and selling of securities) - not trying to define physical locations in general - only as they relate to financial instruments

9:00 AM: (Pete Rivett) I raised FND-231

9:01 AM: Conclusion - no further problem to address in IND (PR will raise his goals as part of FND)

Decisions:

Action items

  •