1) Use Case reminder.
2) Where we are on our road map.
3) Open Action Items
4 ) JIRA Issues Review
5) Todays content discussion.
6) For next week.
Slides for this week are available here:
Discussed the issues raised against the IND specification by Statistics Canada.
- Need to augment the usage scenarios on p. 14 of the current published specification to include something about "Indexes (CPI and PPIs) are often used in contract escalation (by industry), and certainly in monetary policy in countries that target inflation."
- Volatility needs work - agreed to consider the suggestions made by StatCan and create a higher level definition of volatility, making the current definition a child of that concept and renaming it PriceVolatility – also need to define standard deviation and variance, at a minimum
- The question of whether or not producer and service provider should be children of functional business entity – determined that this is not necessary, as a service provider could be a child operating a lemonade stand, and producer needs work ... we need to talk about product vs. product line in order to be clear (in FND)
- Dan will take a look at Lucy's comment on Services PPIs and how StatCan focuses on Output PPI – and whether or not any change to the wording she cited is needed. We do have the StatCan divisions of Output PPI in the Canadian extension to this ...
- Need to review the definitions of enterprise and establishment, not only based on Lucy's comments regarding pages 48 and 49, but to clarify more generally, and need reference for definition of enterprise population; may need to consider whether or not enterprises and establishments are roles or not.
Did not cover the last two issues she raised, although Dan suggests that Lucy's comment on households is correct.