1) Use Case reminder
2) Where we are on our road map.
3) Open Action Items
4) JIRA Issues Review - https://jira.edmcouncil.org/projects/FBC/issues/FBC-106?filter=allopenissues
5) Todays content discussion.
FIBO Management Memorandum
FCT: Financial Business & Commerce (FBC)
DA: January 7, 2019
RE: Ratings Ontology Internal Planning
Attendees: Cory Casanave, Elisa Kendall, Pete Rivett, Michael Atkin, Mike Bennett, Dennis Wisnosky
Next Meeting: Wednesday, January 23 at 11:00am-12:00pm EST
The purpose of the meeting was to create an approach for consolidating and enhancing the “ratings ontology” for FIBO within FBC. Participants agreed that financial ratings would generally falling into four categories (classes) – entities, instruments, individuals and opinions. The development process includes three organizational components:
- Working Meeting: to achieve internal alignment among FIBO team (attendees) on ratings concepts within FIBO and to make proposed design decisions.
- Orientation Meeting: briefing for EDMC members to evaluate and adjust the EDMC proposal
- Working Sessions: to add concepts and achieve consensus
Cory extracted and structured the existing concepts within FIBO into a generic concept diagram (making a distinction between “rating classes/what is rated” and “what they rate/type of rating”). Elisa agreed to provide additional evaluation of ratings concepts within FIBO for the next meeting.
- Generic model of ratings concepts
- Diagram and RDF expression of extracted ratings concepts
- Example from S&P on rating categories for entities https://www.spratings.com/documents/20184/86966/Standard+%26+Poor%27s+Ratings+Definitions/fd2a2a96-be56-47b8-9ad2-390f3878d6c6
6) For next week.
- Elisa Kendall review and enhance draft ontology from Cory
- Mike Atkin update and notify meeting for Wednesday January 23 from 11:00-12:00 to review internal ontology proposal